Struggling to move in lockdown? K-Pop is the answer!

It's tough finding the motivation to move in lockdown, especially right now in the UK when the weather is rainy and you are limited to going outside only once a day. The duvet can seem especially warm at this time of year.

Finally I've discovered the secret... It's so simple. You need to do something that makes you smile. For me I have discovered... K-Pop dancing! Read on for all the Youtube videos you need to try it out!


I know I'm in no way the best dancer out there, but alone in my mums living room I have been dancing along to Blackpink's  'How you like that' and LOVING it! If this lockdown had not have happened there is no way I would be dancing like this. It all started with the Blackpink documentary on Netflix. My first thought was 'wow, they all have amazing bodies and confidence' then 'Oh wow, they all worked so hard for this' and then 'Oh wow they are all so cool!' And then... the YouTube searching began.


WARNING: Before dancing stretch! Trust me. (And for gods sake wear the right trainers, shin splints are no joke) This is a lovely stretching video for a warm up and a cool down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_tea8ZNk5A

There are a lot of dance videos out there but the one that I have been loving is from a duo called Josh and Bamui. You can give it a try here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRXzLKAllc4

I've also just discovered Littleshia who dances A LOT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS3yvczR6vk and is so good at it! She follows the routines from the Just Dance game which is great if you do not have the game yourself and want to have a go for free.

It has felt really good to move and learn a dance routine, as not only has my body felt a bit stagnant, but so has my mind. Dancing works both which is great! Let me know if you give Josh and Bamui or Littleshia a try in the comments, or if you have any suggestions for me please!



Blackpink; Rose, Jenni, Jisoo, Lisa

xx

Comments

Popular Posts